The probability of your facility experiencing a power surge is 100%.
- Electrical industry experts estimate that businesses lose almost $25 billion dollars every year from power quality issues.
- A business that experiences a computer outage lasting for more than 10 days may never fully recover financially and 50% of these companies will be out of business within 5 years.
- Lightning is a leading source of power surges
- The most practical way to protect your valuable equipment from power surges is to install a Surge Protection Device at the main circuit breaker panel
- You can rent a Surge Protection Device from your electrical provider for as little as $3/month. They install it and replace it if it breaks.
What type of equipment is affected by power surge?
The most susceptible equipment to power surges in a building is sensitive electronic equipment such as:
- Motor Control
- Data Server
- Video Monitor
- Security System
Fact: 40% of computer data loss is caused by power surges.
Fact:Power surges are so brief that they are measured in nanoseconds, microseconds, and milliseconds.
Trivia: What do brownouts, heat waves, thunderstorms, car accidents, and squirrels all have in common?
- They can all cause a power surge.
Be proactive! Develop a plan and execute!