Industry-Esteemed Claims Service
Berkley Asset Protection offers the most experienced claims management team in the business, bar none.
We treat every client with the respect and empathy they deserve, and each enjoys the advantage of an open line of communication. Our staff takes a hands-on approach that is always fair and expedient. Our longstanding personal relationships in the art and jewelry markets allow us to pass on that level of earned trust and communication to every customer.
Under the direction of company Executive Vice President Greg Smith, our claims and loss control operation is the indisputable gold standard for the entire fine art and jewelry insurance industry.
As a world-renowned insurance authority, Greg Smith, has spent three decades advancing and refining his considerable knowledge of loss consulting and adjusting as they relate to fine art, jewelers block, armored car, and crime.
Continuing a family legacy, Greg started his career in the claims adjusting and loss consulting business in 1987. In 2004, he founded G. J. Smith & Associates, Inc. and remained at its helm until he co-founded Berkley Asset Protection.
Greg has been instrumental in settling some of the most notable insurance claims and property recoveries in his fields of expertise during the past 30 years. His experiences have enabled him to foster extensive contacts in the international fine art and jewelry communities and within state and federal law enforcement. Greg’s consulting on loss prevention is sought by competing insurers seeking ways to better protect valuables from both security and operational perspectives. Greg has settled some 12,000 fine art and jewelry claims over the course of his distinguished career.
Claims Reporting Guidelines
- All claims should be immediately reported to Berkley Asset Protection including the following information:
- Contact Info: Name, address and phone number
- Policy Number
- Location and description of claim including any available pictures or documentation
- Claims may be reported 24 hours a day.
- To send notice, please notify Berkley Asset Protection Claims via email ([email protected]) or via FAX 866.735.9073.
- For immediate attention after business hours, please contact our claims professionals at 212.300.6376.
- Workers Compensation claims reporting (click here)
Immediate Action For Insurance Professionals
- We will respond to all claims within 24 hours of notice.
- If you need emergency service, please contact Berkley Asset Protection at [email protected] so that we may be in immediate contact.
- We will make inspections of the loss at the soonest possible time.
- In most cases, payment of first-party claims will be made within 72 hours following the receipt of satisfactory documentation of loss and agreement on damages.