World Class Claims Service
Loss Control/Claims Handling
Our depth of knowledge across our product lines allows us to provide loss control expertise not just from the perspective of the company, but that of the insured as well. With its unparalleled expertise in our product lines, our in-house claims department is able to offer the best claims service and most experienced perspective in the market. All clients will be treated with respect and have the advantage of an open line of communication. With a staff that has handled all levels of claims, we aim to take a hands-on approach that will be fair and expedient.
- We will respond to all claims within 24 hours of notice.
- If you need emergency service, you will be able to contact us and we will make contact with the insured.
- We will make inspections of the loss at the soonest possible time.
- In most cases, payment of first party claims will be made within 72 hours following the receipt of satisfactory documentation of loss and agreement on damages.
Claims Reporting Guidelines for the Insured
- All claims should be immediately advised to Berkley Asset Protection Underwriting Managers.
- Claims may be reported 24 hours a day.
- To send notice, please notify Gregory Smith via email, email@example.com or via FAX 866.735.9073.
- For immediate attention or after business hours, please contact Gregory Smith at 212.300.6376.
Written Notice Required from the Insured
The claim notice should include the following:
- Name and address of the insured, contact details, policy number and effective dates
- Date of Loss
- Location of Loss
- Written narrative of cause of loss
- All pertinent letters or documentation necessary to properly evaluate the claim
Please provide duplicate copies of all claim notices and correspondence sent directly to Berkley Asset Protection Underwriting Managers.
Send claim notices to the addresses listed below:
What Our Insureds are Saying!
"Our Berkley adjuster got in touch with me early last week concerning my claim for the two missing books. I sent him some scans of receipts, etc., and a check came today for payment in full on the claim. Excellent service."
...Fine Art Insured
"I thought you might like to know, I spoke to our adjuster today from Berkley, claim had been filed and check is being cut tomorrow! Wow what service! "
...Jewelers Block Insured
Gregory J. Smith
Executive Vice President
Berkley Asset Protection
757 Third Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Workers Compensation Claims
York Risk Services Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 183188
Columbus, OH 43218-3188